I think it has to do with the occurring magnetic fields ( in nT of mG)
Remember, that everything that is magnetic, will have an impact on the human
Especially electrosensibles may react very strongly.
It does not matter whether the magnetic fields are of DC or AC nature.
Although we measure only the electrical fields of high frequency
electromagnetic fields, because there the electrical and magnetic components
are intertwined, and the magnetic component may be calculated from the
measured electrical component.
With low frequency fields, they must be measured seperately.
So it may be quite understandble that obe vacuum cleaner may be more
*hurting* than another branch.
That also goes for most electrical appliances, like coffee machines,
television sets, DVD players, etc.
Add to that the present electrical fields, and the picture is horrendous.
member Verband Baubiologie
checked by Norton Antivirus
----- Original Message -----
From: "Cara" <[hidden email]
To: <[hidden email]
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 19:59
Subject: [eSens] Re: Vacuum cleaners?
> My husband has no apparent problem with the hair dryer or
> electric shaver either. But the vacuum cleaner is real bad for him.
> I wish I knew what makes some appliances worse than others.
> Perhaps brand makes a difference? What sort of vacuum do you
> --- In [hidden email]
, Marc Martin <marc@u...> wrote:
> > > Has anyone else here had problems with their vacuum
> > Hmmm, even at my worst, the vaccum didn't cause me much
> > difficulty. Nor did the hair dryer for that matter,
> > and that was right next to my head! I don't believe
> > there is such a thing as a low-EMF vacuum, The only
> > alternative I can think of would be to have him leave
> > the house while someone else is vacuuming.
> > Marc