I recently started noticing that some of my symptoms seem to get worse when I've been in bed. I tried using a mattress topper, and adding more layers, and I found that the more distance I put between me and the springs - the better I felt.
But why is this? Doesn't metal BLOCK microwaves?
In fact, in my last house, the bed springs SHIELDED EMFs - the bed was the only part of the bedroom where the EMFs were low, and I'm sure it was because of the bed springs.
Using metal innerspring mattresses tend to make people feel worse. Generally people switch to a mattress, and even bed frames, that contain no metal (or in the case of bed frame, as little metal as possible).
My mattress is foam/memory foam. A big improvement over an innerspring mattress. And when going on vacation / trips, I dread sleeping on the innerspring mattress I may end up with. Sometimes I'll just sleep on a couch or the floor instead!
Some claim the reason is that those circular innersprings are magnetized during their construction. That may be the main issue, although all that metal could be acting as an antenna for whatever is in the environment.
I once had heavy aluminum foil on my walls to block microwaves. It blocked very well, but every time I touched the foil I would get a shock. The MWs were creating an electrical current on the foil. The solution was to tape a thin copper wire onto the foil and wrap it around the outer screw on my electrical sockets in the wall which was a form of grounding.
Microwaves are so tiny that there's no way that your metal springs could block them. Metal window screen will do a decent job of blocking since the holes are small (not as good as the foil). The EMFs as you stated were low in that last bedroom, so the metal springs weren't bothersome.
I suspect that your bed springs are energized by the MWs in your current bedroom and the energy is penetrating the mattress and your body.
I meant to add that having your own personal EMF equipment, preferably a type that emits sound with measurement, I really like the Safe and Sound Pro II from Safe Living Technologies for radio frequency and use a Trifield XE 100 with external probe, so that you can see what's going on in your environment and shield or find a safe place to live. It's so important for ES people to own these type of devices!
I have a gaussmeter and when I place it next to my mattress it does go off somewhat. I added a matrress topper which helps a little. My issue is that I have MCS and I'm afraid to get a new mattress, especially all foam or latex, since I may react to it and won't be able to go near it